Archive

Archive for the ‘Saturday Tattslotto’ Category

Tattslotto Results – 21st April (21/4) 2012

April 21, 2012 1 comment

It’s been a week long of playing every Tattersalls lottery game and winning nothing, culminating in yet another Saturday Tattslotto loss.

My total losses playing Tatts Lotteries in 2012 is now over $7,500. Here’s some interesting statistics for you:

In 2012, I’ve played a total (across all lotteries – Mon/Wed, Super 7’s, Powerball & Saturday Lotto) of 16,904 games. And how many times I have I won? Largely floated by Division 6 / 7, 203 wins. Across all lotteries the average return against published odds, across this number of games, is 64% – meaning that the odds I’ve experienced playing Tatts games has been some 36% WORSE than what is published.

Here’s the scorecard for Saturday Tattslotto – as you can see, it’s returned less than 31% of the money I’ve spent in winnings (based on the $ spent this means I’ve lost over $2,500 on Saturday Lotto alone).

Saturday Tattslotto Odds
Summary of my odds playing Tattersalls Tattslotto in 2012
$ Spent Playing $3,616.80
$ Won $1,095.55
Net Position (Negative = Lost) -$2,521.25
% Return in Dollars 30.29%
# Games Played 5742
# Games Won 68
Odds Experienced: 1 in 84
Tatts Claimed Odds: 1 in 53
% Difference To Tatts Odds 63%
(Less than 100% means less returns than published odds suggest)
Total Lost In 2012 Playing Tatts Lotteries -$7,505.63
Advertisements

Approaching $7k Tatts Losses – Epic Fail on Saturday Lotto – No Wins

April 15, 2012 Leave a comment

Here’s the latest run-down of stats.¬† As you can see, I’m approaching nearly $7,000 lost playing Tatts lotteries in 2012. As I hit the $7k mark I’m feeling like it’s time to wind up this pointless ‘dreaming’ (AKA: being taken advantage of by Tatts).

Out of interest (and, not surprisingly) Saturday Lotto ripped me clean once more. The run-down of games I played is as follows:

3 x System 8, 23 x System 7, 100 x Standard Games

Out of interest, that’s around 345 games played. Winnings? ZERO. Making the odds result for this draw ZERO in 345.

My overall 2012 stats and odds for Saturday Tattslotto is as follows – continuing to track far worse than what Tatts claims on its “odds of winning”, returning 31% of money played (for Saturday Tattslotto alone I’ve lost over $2,430). I’ve played over 5,600 standard games of Saturday Tattslotto to generate these stats, averaged over every Tattslotto draw in 2012.

Saturday Tattslotto Odds
Summary of my odds playing Tattersalls Tattslotto in 2012
$ Spent Playing $3,525.80
$ Won $1,095.55
Net Position (Negative = Lost) -$2,430.25
% Return in Dollars 31.07%
# Games Played 5605
# Games Won 68
Odds Experienced: 1 in 82
Tatts Claimed Odds: 1 in 53
% Difference To Tatts Odds 64%
(Less than 100% means less returns than published odds suggest)
Total Lost In 2012 Playing Tatts Lotteries -$6,885.98

Tattslotto $21m Superdraw 31/3/12 – Less Than 10% Return, Lost $330+

As expected, the Tattslotto $21m superdraw once again proved what a deceptive joke these lotteries are.

I spent $364.40 in tickets for this superdraw, comprised of:
4 x System 8, 38 x System 7, 178 x Standard Games

Return? One division 5 and one division 6 – $33.20 won back. That’s less than 10% of money spent on tickets “won” back.

Here’s my 2012 stats for Tattslotto following the Superdraw – as you can see, Tattslotto has now returned around 34% back in winnings, leaving a total loss on Tattslotto for 2012 of $2,029.20. The odds also continue to be far worse than those published on the Tatts website. 4,935 games played on Tattslotto and only 64 “wins”, meaning odds in excess of 1 in 77 games has won. Remember, this is after the so-called “more winners” with Division 6.

I, amongst the millions of others, am a big time Tattsloser. Conned by the promise of winning big. My $5,309 lost in 2012 so far is one tale out of countless others – when will our government move to put fairer regulations and controls on the advertising for these lotteries, to remove the glamor and put clear warnings that playing lotto can be damaging to your financial health.

Saturday Tattslotto Odds
Summary of my odds playing Tattersalls Tattslotto in 2012
$ Spent Playing $3,086.75
$ Won $1,057.55
Net Position (Negative = Lost) -$2,029.20
% Return in Dollars 34.26%
# Games Played 4935
# Games Won 64
Odds Experienced: 1 in 77
Tatts Claimed Odds: 1 in 53
% Difference To Tatts Odds 69%
(Less than 100% means less returns than published odds suggest)
Total Lost In 2012 Playing Tatts Lotteries -$5,309.74

Saturday $21m Superdraw – 31st March 2012 (31/3/12)

March 30, 2012 Leave a comment

Get geared up, folks, for another super scam as we plow money into Tatts tickets hoping for a piece of that wonderful wheelbarrow full of gold plastered on Tatts outlets all over the place.

I’ll be posting my losing results here later in the evening, along with an odds update. If you loose, don’t worry, you’re amongst the millions who do. Even if you win, you’re almost certain to get back less than what you actually played.

My own experience will be shared here on TattsLosers. Feel free to share your own story after the draw. I’d say “good luck” but that’s just the cliche for “be a sucker and waste your money”.

Saturday Tattslotto 24th March 2012 – Another $102.50 Lost

March 25, 2012 2 comments

Tatts – thank you once again for skimming me of more cash. Saturday Tattslotto results are below – year to date odds & losses for 2012.

Closing in on $5,000 lost to Tattersalls lotteries in 2012. Dreaming doesn’t get any better than this, right?

Saturday Tattslotto Odds
Summary of my odds playing Tattersalls Tattslotto in 2012
$ Spent Playing $2,785.25
$ Won $1,024.35
Net Position (Negative = Lost) -$1,760.90
% Return in Dollars 36.78%
# Games Played 4379
# Games Won 62
Odds Experienced: 1 in 71
Tatts Claimed Odds: 1 in 53
% Difference To Tatts Odds 75%
(Less than 100% means less returns than published odds suggest)
Total Lost In 2012 Playing Tatts Lotteries -$4,931.49

Tattslotto Odds of Winning – Real Player Odds Shown in Stats

March 18, 2012 Leave a comment

Really couldn’t expect anything more, but in last night’s Saturday Tattslotto draw I did of course come out the loser once again. Having laid out $332.90 for the hope of having at least a shimmer of my dreams come true, I did manage an unusual return ($190). Unusual in the sense that I typically get nothing or next to nothing, so whilst it took the edge of the disappointment I did ultimately end up losing¬†$142.90.

In fact, every single draw this year has except one has seen me lose more money than I put on. The odds are pathetic enough when you consider them as published, but when you consistently receive significantly less than that it makes you wonder – how many other people out there are falling far short of the purported odds, and what does this mean in terms of the fairness of the games themselves?

Starting with this post, I’m going to publish the ongoing losses both $ and # games, plus some simple calculations showing how my experience playing these games fares compared to suggestions made on the Tattersalls website.

Here’s my Saturday Tattslotto run-down:

Saturday Tattslotto Odds
Summary of my odds playing Tattersalls Tattslotto in 2012
$ Spent Playing $2,488.45
$ Won $892.95
Net Position (Negative = Lost) -$1,595.50
# Games Played 4023
# Games Won 56
Odds Experienced: 1 in 72
Tatts Claimed Odds: 1 in 53
% Difference To Tatts Odds 74%
(Less than 100% means less returns than published odds suggest)

Saturday Tattslotto Results – 3/3/12 – $260 Lost, Nothing Won

Apologies for the gap in posts. No, I haven’t won a Tattersalls jackpot and disappeared on a much needed holiday. Quite the opposite actually. Life kind of took over for a while and I needed to concentrate on trying to get on top of some debts.

I did, however, resume my TattsLoser habit and played in Saturday’s Tattslotto draw. Here’s the breakdown:

5 x System 8
23 x System 7
96 x Standard Games
Total Cost: $260.05
Winnings: Absolutely ZERO!

Kind of thought after scaling back my playing I’d give Saturday Tattslotto a good shot this week. I mean, after all, apparently there’s much better odds with the new Division 6. Seems those odds never go in my favour (what’s it like for you? my guess is, much the same).

At any rate, this brings my appalling Tattersalls lottery games losses for 2012 to a whopping total of $4,173.98 – that’s right, over $4k lost this year alone playing these stupid lotteries with odds that never return anything like they’re supposed to.

Oh well, that’s just one TattsLoser story. I’m sure there’s hundreds of thousands out there, but you’d be forgiven for thinking this wasn’t the case with those wonderful “winners stories” Tatts keep publishing on their website.

At least you have TattsLoser, to share the ongoing sad story that is repeated countless times across Australia. When you play like I do, you get to a point where you don’t even care about the jackpots and first division prizes anymore – you’d settle for just getting back something that remotely resembles the odds of winning any game.